Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Another Step In Being Organzied for Cat Care

If you sort photos on the Facebook page or the Org tab in the blog, or have read earlier posts, you'll know I'm big on being organized. I believe being better organized will decrease the stress, decrease the time wasted finding things. Prep a week's worth of pills using a week-long pill container that has multiple compartments for one day. Get trays for counters, drawers, the refrigerator-buy slim versions for small bottles, or use plastic containers by Glad and such for larger items, or trays you might already own that fit a space you are using for cat meds, cat supplements, cat supplies-whatever works and fits your needs to better contain the myriad of items, the myriad sizes of bottles and things you use for your HCM cat. A quick grab of a tray of things saves time, cuts down on exasperation that arises when things topple over in the frig or you need to reach in multiple times into a cupboard to get multiple bottles of pills and things.

My newest invention-making a list. I know what you're thinking. That's as old as time. And while I've been utilizing lists for years with Myrna-but mostly to be used by my husband who swears he lives here but acts like a stranger when it comes time to remember who needs what/when (but I love him anyway-and I digress) back in February I began listing the various things we run out of at various times of the month and when I needed to order or refill or shop for them. I simply write down Week 1, Week 2, etc. I put down when I think we'll run out and when to reorder/shop/refill anything-whether we need to buy it monthly or when a 60 day supply of a med might run out that month. I check off each item as it is handled, rewrite it if it was due sooner or later, then take the list and continue it for the next month. It has worked like a charm-kept me organized and decreased the stress of trying to remember what is due when. And you know these last few months have been busy with Myrna.

I think that's why I suddenly began using such a list-the frustration and feeling of being really suddenly busy, with a lot to stay focused upon, meant that something had to go-being able to remember off the top of my head what was due/when. Because I am a bear of very little brain: “When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open...” "For I am a Bear of Very Little Brain, and long words Bother me." (Winnie the Pooh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment