Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Jimmy Develops Horrible Case of Chin Acne

Two weeks ago, Jimmy developed chin acne.  I cleaned it with chlorhexidine pads and the next day it seemed to clear up.  But last Thursday, I noticed his face was misshapened but couldn't figure out why.  He just seemed to have taken on a new longer, pointer shape. Then I realized that his chin and bottom lip were swollen. Upon closer examination, the entire area of his bottom lip, chin, and underneath were horribly red and swollen.  Friday, he saw the vet who gave him an antibiotic shot of Convenia so that we didn't have to pill him each day.  The shot also helps avoid gastro upset such as vomiting and diarrhea.  I have to clean his chin each day with the chlorhexidine.  The area is a mess of dirt and blackheads.
I thought they were bugs but thankfully, just horrible blackheads covering the area that unfortunately are infected.  

No comments:

Post a Comment