After a couple hours, she was less perky but still very alert and walking about and eating. The cardiologist said to give Myrna the regular 10mg lunch med with 1/4 of a 12.5mg tablet of lasix that we have and to give the extra 1/4 of 12.5 along with the next two evening doses. If she needs an injection again, it may be later this evening or tomorrow morning and again at .15. If she continues to breathe fast, then maybe she will need to see the ER vet tomorrow.
I believe the reason for this incident of congestion for Myrna is because I used polyurethane yesterday on a painting project. I had put her in a closed room on the second floor and the painted object was in the basement. I knew enough to keep her away from any fumes that would come up from the basement. After it dried for two hours, I put the object in a closed room and even put a towel under the door to keep fumes from escaping. The fumes in the basement quickly dissipated and all the items were put away. The fumes on the first floor were strong for a while but seemed to be gone by 8 p.m. when I let her come downstairs. Perhaps there was enough left to bother her which means she is even more sensitive to air quality than I first thought. Which means that this spring/summer will again be even trickier and more dangerous if she were to sit in opened windows for too long and breathe cool or even heavy/humid/cool air.