Monday, July 11, 2011

Myrna In Congestive Heart Failure Today

Not sure what happened. She did seem tired this weekend and yesterday afternoon especially. But then she was up and about playing as usual. There was a big storm at 11 a.m. today and all the cats hid and she seemed fine. But then after lunch, she was pacing. Then she wanted petting which isn't unusual but she climbed into my lap which is. Then she had a pained look on her face. Then she curled up on the couch next to me and wanted more petting. When I stopped, she cried for more. It was then that I realized she wanted comforting. I also realized that her breathing was so rapid that I couldn't count it. I sat for a couple more minutes petting and watching to see if the breathing would decrease but it didn't. So, off to the ER we went and they pronounced onset of congestive heart failure. But we caught it early-no collapse this time.  We will know more after tests. She will need to see the cardio for a follow-up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment