Sunday, April 15, 2012

Music Our Cats May Prefer

http://www.annarbor.com/pets/pets-animals-songs-for-cats-music-study-charles-snowdon-david-teiebehavior/?cmpid=RSS_link_pets


I know this article about music our cats might like was a month ago but I just read the article. When my cats were kittens, I played "Go to Sleep Little Baby" from the "O Brother..." soundtrack. It soothed them to sleep. To this day when I sing the song, it soothes them and Myrna curls up on my lap. However, when I sing loud, raucous songs, or classical/opera pieces with high notes, or even when I sing "Soft Kitty" from "Big Bang Theory" (Sheldon's song), they come up to me, sniff my face as if to say "What is that awful sound?", and Katharine Hepburn always bites me. Myrna usually just cries and sniffs and tells me to shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment